Wednesday, November 13, 2019

# Guest Posts

The Story Behind Witchwood and Seabound by Ethan Proud #guest




The Story Behind Witchwood and Seabound
By Ethan Proud


Artemisia the woodswitch and Sheriff Ruckstead face the anger of a goddess and cross a dangerous demon while on a mission to save their town from a pair of ravenous werewolves in Witchwood!

Witchwood is my fifth book (and sixth if you count the novella Seabound) and initially it was the hardest to start-but once the ball got rolling, it didn’t stop! It only took me three months which beat my previous record of six.

While most of my books start ‘organically’-an idea gestates in my mind and slowly unravels, Witchwood was a little different. My younger brother suggested I try my hand at horror after reading Vengeance, the second book in the Rebellion Trilogy. The trilogy is co-wrote by my older brother Lincoln. I decided to give it a go and settled on a plot centered on a witch. After mulling it over, I decided she would have an uneasy alliance with the sheriff in order to save their town from werewolves. I kicked around the idea for a few weeks wondering how I was ever going to make it an original piece. Reluctantly I sat down and cranked out the first few chapters and ideas started popping into my head one after the other.

The first move was to make werewolves a creation of Mond, the Goddess of the Moon. The setting of Witchwood is largely the town of Northgate and the surrounding forests, upon which I drew on my experience of living in small towns. I picked a western vibe to smear into the dark fantasy plotline (didn’t quite hit the horror genre nail on the head, but so be it). From there it spiraled into summoning demons, interplanal travel, and a novella packed with more gods, monsters, and pirates!

Originally I didn’t plan on writing the novella, but after reading Witchwood, my mom asked me what happened to one of the characters who was left in a bit of a sticky situation. I went back to the drawing board and wrote Seabound.





Ethan Proud was raised in Pinedale, Wyoming and that is where he fell in love with reading, writing, and the outdoors. He published his first series the Rebellion Trilogy with his older brother, Lincoln. Ethan is an avid adventurer, whether it is on the page or in nature and when he is not writing or reading he can be found backpacking, rock climbing, or snowboarding.

website & SOcial Links

Website → www.proudbrotherswriting.com

Facebook →  https://www.facebook.com/proudbrotherswriting

 



Title: WITCHWOOD AND SEABOUND
Author: Ethan Proud
Publisher: Proud Brothers Publishing
Pages: 492
Genre: Fantasy

Gripping and tense, Witchwood tells the tale of a witch and sheriff turned unlikely allies to stop the town of Northgate from being destroyed by dark forces.

Sheriff Ruckstead reluctantly asks his nemesis Artemisia Corax, the woodwitch, for help when a string of murders unsolvable by mundane means occurs in one night.  As he cooperates with the witch, his reputation is called into question and he faces conflict with one of the wealthier business families of Northgate.

While Sheriff Ruckstead faces his own challenges, Artemisia discovers that she will need aid in bringing the murderers to justice and enlists the support of a demon. When the interplanal denizen escapes her control, she finds that she and Ruckstead have more on their plates than they bargained for. Including the wrath of a goddess.

Order YOur COpy

Amazon → https://amzn.to/32j3ZMi

No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates