Tuesday, May 15, 2018

# 20 Questions

20 Questions with Mystery Author S.K. Derban @skderban #20Questions






Born in the United States, S.K. Derban moved to London within the first three months, and remained in England until the age of five. Her mother was involved with the London Royal Ballet Company, and a great fan of the arts. Even after returning to the United States, S.K. Derban’s life was filled with a love of the theatre and a passion for British murder mysteries.

Her personal travel and missionary adventures also help to transport readers virtually across the globe. S.K. Derban has smuggled Bibles into China, and has been to Israel on seven missionary trips. When writing, she relies on all aspects of her life, from a strong faith in the Lord, to her unique combination of professional experience. The many personal adventures of S.K. Derban are readily apparent as they shine through into her characters. Circumvent is the third mystery novel for writer S.K. Derban.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:





1. Are you a morning writer or a night writer?
Morning, noon and night! I write whenever I can find an extra moment.

2. Do you outline or are you a pantster? 
Both. I first use a mind map, which is similar to an outline. But then – watch out! I rapidly become a pantster. 

3. Which comes first – plot or character?
Plot, plot, and plot, unless I am writing a sequel. 

4. Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript?
Definitely quiet. I like it very quiet. Shhh.

5. Favorite TV show?
Downton Abbey remains one of my favorites, and I am still sad the drama is over. Typically I search for murder mysteries! (Is that wrong?) 

6. Favorite type of music?
All! Not really, but almost. I grew up listening to the Great American Songbook as that was my Mum’s favorite. My beach playlist features songs from that genre, while my workout playlist is mostly R and B. Speaking of music, I recently received a fun tweet from singer Gloria Estefan! https://twitter.com/GloriaEstefan/status/978328017872310275
 
7. Favorite craft besides writing?
Painting. I enjoy beginning on a new white canvas as I enjoy beginning a new manuscript.

8. Do you play a musical instrument?
That would be a sad no. My sister has all of the musical talent. I only dream of playing!

9. Single or married?
Married for years and years to a wonderful husband.

10. Children or no?
Since we were never blessed with children of our own my husband and I get to spoil our many nieces and nephews!

11. Pets?
No pets either.

12. Favorite place to write?
At a large desk in my home office. I like to get dressed and feel as if I am going to work. It makes me more productive.  

13. Favorite restaurant?
My absolute favorite is Emeril’s New Orleans located at 800 Tchoupitoulas Street in NOLA.

14. Do you work outside the home?
At present, yes. I am currently making the transition to writing full time.

15. What was the name of the last movie you saw?
Black Panther.

16. Favorite outdoor activity?
That is such a tough question as I love sports! Please forgive me for selecting three. I cannot decide between tennis, golf or SUP boarding.

17. Pet peeve?
Hearing ladies talk on their mobile phones while in the bathroom stall next to me! Arrggh!

18. Your goal in life?
To love the Lord with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength.

19. Your most exciting moment?
Successfully clearing customs in China with over fifty Bibles hidden in our suitcases.

20. The love of your life?
My husband, who is also my best friend.
Great questions! Thank you!






Title: CIRCUMVENT
Author: S.K. Derban
Publisher: Touchpoint Press
Genre: Mystery

BOOK BLURB:

Imagine living in a quaint, beach front cottage on the Hawaiian island of Maui. You have an amazing job, combined with the pleasure of working from home. Lunch breaks become a daily picnic on the sand. Dessert is always included because of your marriage to a famous pastry chef. Life could not be any better. Or so it seems… When French born, Nikki Sabine Moueix travels to Hawaii for a special work assignment, her job of writing an article about a famous Swiss pastry chef generates more than a magazine piece. They fall in love, get married, and Nikki becomes Mrs. Ruggiero Delémont.

When another assignment calls for Nikki to spend three weeks in France, Ruggiero’s schedule prevents him from joining her. She travels alone, advancing straight into danger. After a threatening confrontation, Nikki wakes up in a French hospital with no knowledge of her past. When she fails to check in, Ruggiero panics and pushes for an immediate investigation. But as he closes in, Nikki’s new found friend moves her to another city. It becomes a game of hide and seek with Nikki as the prize.

CIRCUMVENT allows readers to form a bond with Nikki as they yearn for her to remember. They will cheer for Ruggiero and his relentless determination to locate his beloved wife. This is a story about two people who never lose their faith in God, and find amazing friends to help them along the way.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon




No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates