Saturday, October 19, 2019

# CHARACTER INTERVIEWS

Character Interview: The Ninth Session's Dr. Alicia Reese @#characterinterview

 
We are really excited to have Dr. Alicia Reese here with us today at Blogging Authors! Dr. Reese comes from the inside pages of Deborah Serani's new book, THE NINTH SESSION. Take it away, Dr. Reese!
What is your name? 

Dr. Alicia Reese

What do you look like?

Tall, long brown hair and brown eyes. I’m in my late 40’s.

Where are you today and what are you doing?

I’m at home, going over my notes for my graduate class in Psychoanalysis that I teach in Boulder, Colorado.

You come face to face with your worse enemy. How do you react?

I call on my clinical training and think about all the possible ways to deal with this person.

How would your parents describe you?

Kind. Quiet.

Who is your best friend?

My cat, Elvis.

Are you faith-oriented?

No. I’ve lost my faith and am struggling to find it.

Are you married or in a relationship?

I’m a widow. My husband of 15 years died recently from cancer and I’m still grieving.

Do you have children?

No. By the time we were ready to start a family, my husband, Ryan, got ill.

Inside the Book

The Ninth Session Deborah Serani
Title: THE NINTH SESSION: A PSYCHOLOGICAL SUSPENSE NOVEL
Author: Deborah Serani
Publisher: TouchPoint Press
Pages: 190
Genre: Psychological Suspense/Thriller
BOOK BLURB:
Dr. Alicia Reese, a recent widow and a CODA – a child of Deaf Adults, takes on a new patient. Lucas Ferro reveals the reason for his consultation is that he wasn’t really open with his previous therapist. After gaining Reese’s trust, he shares aspects of his life that are clearly disturbing – experiences that create anxiety and panic, but also reveal horrifying psychopathology. Instead of referring Ferro elsewhere, Reese chooses to continue working with him, feeling reinvigorated by the challenge of his case.
As sessions progress, and Ferro’s disclosures become more menacing, Reese finds herself wedged between the cold hard frame of professional ethics and the integrity of personal truth – and learns just how far she’s willing to go, willing to risk and willing to lose to do the right thing.

★★★★★ORDER YOUR COPY★★★★★

Amazon → https://tinyurl.com/y6qz2sto

_____________________

Meet the Author

Deborah Serani
Deborah Serani is an award-winning author and psychologist who has been in practice for thirty years. She is also a professor at Adelphi University and is a go-to media expert for psychological issues. Her interviews can be found in Newsday, Psychology Today, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Times, The Associated Press, and affiliate radio programs at CBS and NPR, among others. Dr. Serani has also been a technical advisor for the NBC television show, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. The recurring character, Judge D. Serani, was named after her.

★WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS★



No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates