Monday, December 9, 2019

# 20 Questions

20 Questions with Kathy Holmes Author of 'Deja Vu at the Blue Diamond Saloon' @screamiebirds #20Questions

 
Today's guest is Kathy Holmes, author of the psychological suspense, Deja Vu at the Blue Diamond Saloon. Kathy is here today to answer 20 questions about her life, writing and goals.
 

1. Are you a morning writer or a night writer?

I write first thing in the morning and then, sometimes, again in the late afternoon.

2. Do you outline or are you a pantster?

I used to say I was a pantser, but I think the first draft is really my outline. Along the way, I will stop to make notes about what should happen when. So it’s really a bit of both in an ongoing process.

3. Which comes first – plot or character?

That’s a good question. I would say character, even though the opening scene of this book came to me in a nightmare, it was really about the characters.

4. Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript?

Although I’d like to be, I’m not one of those writers who can write in a coffee shop. I get distracted by people-watching. So I’m either writing in my quiet studio or at certain points in the story, I’ll create a playlist and listen to music to get into the mood.

5. Favorite TV show?

Tough question. I’m a faithful “General Hospital” fan. I watch it on DVD over lunch as a writing break. In the evening, my husband and I might watch a few shows on HGTV or the Food Network or Netflix. And we continue to watch Downtown Abbey on repeat, which is unusual for us, to rewatch a show on TV.

6. Favorite type of music?

I love to listen to almost all music. Right now I’m writing/producing Electronic Dance Music.

7. Favorite craft besides writing?

Programming drum beats in my Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).

8. Do you play a musical instrument?

I play some piano but mostly my music keyboard, which I use to program my DAW.

9. Single or married?

Married.

10. Children or no?

No human children.

11. Pets?

Two furry kids still living (five that have passed, who I still miss).

12. Favorite place to write?

My casita, which is a separate room over the garage.

13. Favorite restaurant?

I confess to being somewhat of a foodie so I couldn’t possibly choose one. But I’m also a Disney fan so I have to say we’ve been to Napa Rose quite a few times.

14. Do you work outside the home?

I’m now retired from contract technical writing projects, which I often did from home.

15. What was the name of the last movie you saw?

That’s a tough question. I don’t watch a lot of movies these days. I think the last movie I watched was “Isn’t it Romantic?”

16. Favorite outdoor activity?

Walking is so healing and inspiring and creative. It helps me think through a plot or a problem.

17. Pet peeve?

My latest pet peeve is more than a pet peeve now, I think. It’s growing as I see how high tech companies have become so big and powerful by acquisitions setting algorithms that reward the person with the highest numbers so that it’s harder for the small business owner or independent author to get attention.


18. Your goal in life?

To continue to learn and grow my talents, as Erma Bombeck said, “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.”

19. Your most exciting moment?

So many. When I saw Elvis in concert, auditioned for a solo singing part in high school and got it, won the sixth grade spelling bee, was offered representation by an agent, when I met my biological father, but most of all, when my husband and I were married in the Orthodox Church.

20. The love of your life?

My husband is definitely the love of my life.


Kathy Holmes grew up in Southern California near Disneyland and the beach with a book in one hand and a transistor radio in the other. She began writing stories about family and wrote her first song with a childhood friend. They called themselves the “Screamie Birds.”

Books have always spurred her love for travel, especially to places she’s read about, and location is often a character in her books.

After an exciting career in Silicon Valley, she is now combining her love for both books and music at Screamie Birds Studios. You can find out more about her books and music at http://www.kathyholmes.net.

website & Social links

Website: http://www.kathyholmes.net

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/screamiebirds




Nikki Durrance escaped the worst nightmare of her life when she fled Las Vegas for San Francisco, leaving her abusive husband Jeff behind at the Blue Diamond Saloon. Rebuilding her life in San Francisco with the help of her closest friend Sally, Nikki draws the line with one thing: men. But when she accompanies Sally on a business trip back in Las Vegas, Nikki meets Dr. Mike Fischer, a sexy and desirable pediatrician also from San Francisco.

After a whirlwind courtship followed by a proposal, Nikki panics and jumps on the nearest cruise ship to Mexico. Realizing she must face her fears rather than run from them, she returns home and accepts Mike’s proposal. Life picks up even more speed with Mike’s plans and Nikki panics once again, imagining that everything Mike does mirrors her ex-husband Jeff. Attempting to sort out what’s real and what’s not, Nikki begins to question everything, including her sanity when everything with Mike feels like déjà vu.

cLICK BELOw TO ORDER YOUR COPY!

Amazon → https://amzn.to/32vYGZV

 Barnes & Noble → https://bit.ly/33yNop4


No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates