Sunday, November 22, 2020

# 20 Questions

20 Questions with Evy Journey Author of THE SHADE UNDER THE MANGO TREE @eholychair #20Questions

 


Today's guest is Evy Journey, author of the contemporary fiction novel, THE SHADE UNDER THE MANGO TREE. Evy is here today to answer 20 questions about her life, writing and goals.

 
 


  1. Are you a morning writer or a night writer?

Mostly night.

  1. Do you outline or are you a pantster?

In the beginning, I’m a pantser, curious to see where my characters take me. Then, I might do a little general outlining for where I want the story to go.

  1. Which comes first – plot or character?

For me, it’s character. The heroes and heroines I conjure up begin to drive the story even when I have some idea of where I want the story to go and end up.

  1. Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript?

Quiet, except for the occasional crickets outside.

  1. Favorite TV show?

Would yo believe I don’t watch television? But I watch lots of movies on Netflix and Amazon prime.

  1. Favorite type of music?

Classical, also some Bob Dylan and his peers.

  1. Favorite craft besides writing?

I’m a wannabe artist. I paint in oils and acrylics, draw in charcoals and pastels, and lately I do digital art on my iPad.

  1. Do you play a musical instrument?

I used to play the guitar to accompany singing, but I haven’t done so in a long while.

  1. Single or married?

Widowed recently.

10.  Children or no?

One son.

11.  Pets?

I occasionally pet my son’s dog. My husband was allergic to dog and cat hair, so those were out of the question.

12.  Favorite place to write?

At the moment, on a built-in window seat in my bedroom. I can look out from time to time.

13.  Favorite restaurant?

Commis in Oakland which inspired my novel, Sugar and Spice and All those Lies.

14.  Do you work outside the home?

Not anymore. I used to.

15.  What was the name of the last movie you saw?

The Last Tycoon on Netflix. An old film with a young Robert de Niro, based on a novel by F Scott Fitzgerald.

16.  Favorite outdoor activity?

Roaming around various places to observe, take in the atmosphere. Flâner is the French word for it.

17.  Pet peeve?

Inconsiderate acts.

18.  Your goal in life?

To keep writing. Just maybe I can come up with something that approaches really good literature.

19.  Your most exciting moment?

When my son was born.

20. The love of your life?

My late husband.





Evy Journey, SPR (Self Publishing Review) Independent Woman Author awardee, is a writer, a wannabe artist, and a flâneuse who, wishes she lives in Paris where people have perfected the art of aimless roaming. Armed with a Ph.D., she used to research and help develop mental health programs.

She’s a writer because beautiful prose seduces her and existential angst continues to plague her despite such preoccupations having gone out of fashion. She takes occasional refuge by invoking the spirit of Jane Austen to spin tales of love, loss, and finding one’s way—stories into which she weaves mystery or intrigue.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK





After two heartbreaking losses, Luna wants adventure. Something and somewhere very different from the affluent, sheltered home in California and Hawaii where she grew up. An adventure in which she can also make some difference. She ends up in place where she gets more than she bargained for.

Lucien, a worldly, well-traveled young architect, finds a stranger’s journal at a café. He has qualms and pangs of guilt about reading it. But they don’t stop him. His decision to go on reading changes his life.

Months later, they meet at a bookstore where Luna works and which Lucien frequents. Fascinated by his stories and his adventurous spirit, Luna volunteers for the Peace Corps. Assigned to Cambodia, she lives with a family whose parents are survivors of the Khmer Rouge genocide forty years earlier. What she goes through in a rural rice-growing village defies anything she could have imagined. Will she leave this world unscathed?

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KFMR9SG

No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates