Thursday, November 25, 2021

# 20 Questions

20 Questions with Cassie Sanchez, Author of 'Chasing the Darkness' #20Questions @CSanchez_author

 


Today's guest is Cassie Sanchez, author of the romantic fantasy, CHASING THE DARKNESS. Cassie is here today to answer 20 questions about her life, writing and goals.

 

1. Are you a morning writer or a night writer? Morning with lots and lots of coffee. My brain is mush by the evening.

2. Do you outline or are you a pantster? A bit of both. I use C.S. Lakin’s technique from her book, Layer Your Novel. This gives me a bit of a roadmap and then I go off-roading from there.

3. Which comes first – plot or character? Character. I usually have one character talking to another in my head and this becomes a scene.

4. Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript? I need instrumental music. Absolute quite makes my eye twitch.

5. Favorite TV show? I’m not a huge TV watcher. I do love movies though (Star Wars, Marvel, romantic comedies)

6. Favorite type of music? I’m really into 80’s rock and roll right now.

7. Favorite craft besides writing? Is napping considered a craft?

8. Do you play a musical instrument? I played the violin when I was young and took piano lessons a few years ago. I’d like to learn the drums or the electric bass.

9. Single or married? Married, almost 26 years.

10. Children or no? Two men-children, ages 20 and 22

11. Pets? Two labs; Gunner (9) and Bullet (7 months)

12. Favorite place to write? My office or outside on my patio.

13. Favorite restaurant? Changes depending on my mood. I’m a mood eater, but always love pasta.

14. Do you work outside the home? Nope. I’m a retired stay-at-home mom.

15. What was the name of the last movie you saw? In the theaters, Free Guy, starring Ryan Reynolds. I recently re-watched Iron Man 2. Love me some Robert Downey JR.

16. Favorite outdoor activity? Is napping an outdoor activity? Just kidding. I enjoy golf and have recently taken up Pickle Ball (And no, it’s not just an old person’s sport even though I do have to ice my knees when I’m done).

17. Pet peeve? Bad drivers (which actually means slow drivers).

18. Your goal in life? Ummm. I’m not a huge goal person. Currently, I’d like to get a handle on the sequel to Chasing the Darkness and maybe loose the Covid 10.

19. Your most exciting moment? When I first held in my hands a copy of Chasing the Darkness. Also, riding The Rise of Resistance at Disneyland when it first opened. Best Star Wars ride ever!

20. The love of your life? My husband and my boys.



Growing up, Cassie Sanchez always wanted superpowers and to be a warrior princess fighting alongside unlikely heroes. Suffice it to say, she lost herself in books, from fantasy to sci-fi to a suspenseful romance. Currently, Cassie lives in the southwest with her husband, Louie, while pestering her two adult men-children. She can usually be found drinking too much coffee while working in her office with her dogs warming her feet. When she isn’t writing about magic and sword fights, she enjoys golf, spending time with friends, or partaking in a satisfying nap.

Her latest book is Chasing the Darkness.

You can visit her website at https://www.cassiesanchez.com/ or connect with her on TwitterFacebook and Goodreads.


 

Pain is inescapable. Suffering is a choice. 

Azrael, the Angel of Death, knows pain. The deaths of his mother and sister, as well as his harsh experiences in the Watch Guard at age twelve, have brutally shaped him into the most feared assassin in all of Pandaren. Azrael’s role as a Hunter requires him to search for those with magic, called Spectrals, which he is happy to do. Hunting allows him to pursue his true goal—exacting revenge on the Fire Spectral who altered the course of his life.

Azrael’s obsession with revenge and power leads him to undergo an experimental procedure that gives him magic, but when this procedure has unexpected and dangerous side effects, he becomes a liability to the Hunters and the Watch Guard. Rescued by the people he has sworn to eliminate, Azrael finds himself questioning everything he once believed as years of secrets and lies are exposed. His very nature is challenged as he battles unfamiliar emotions and navigates relationships that contradict the heart of a killer.

Can the Angel of Death have a conscience? Can Azrael?

Chasing the Darkness is an escape to a land of magic, sword fights, and love, with memorable characters who must face the darkness within and journey down a path of destruction or redemption. 

 

No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates