Monday, December 4, 2017

# 20 Questions

20 Questions with Self-Help Author Bever-leigh Banfield @beverleigh4you





Bever-leigh Banfield, M.F.A. is a writer, actress, voice over artist, host and speaker. She has penned numerous celebrity interviews, one of which, published in Essence magazine, won the American Diabetes Association National Media Award for journalism. As an actress, Bever-leigh has performed in television shows, movies, Broadway and off-Broadway theater and national commercials. Her voice has been heard in TV and radio ads, as an ABC network announcer, in animated films and cartoons, and as narrator of planetarium space shows at landmark Griffith Observatory in Hollywood. Ms. Banfield holds an M.F.A. from the Yale University School of Drama and a B.A. from Stanford University. She has lived in Europe and the Caribbean, and traveled in Africa, South America, and across the United States. She has been gifted with psychic perception since childhood, and as an intuitive, has experienced a vision of world peace. Creating is her joy. Her debut non-fiction book You Can Change The World is about helping you be who you are meant to be, and do what you are meant to do - live your dreams, and change the world for the better!

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | GOODREADS






1.      Are you a morning writer or a night writer?

I’m a morning writer. Definitely. I love the feeling of getting up early – even while it’s still dark – and streaming my thoughts through my computer into other people’s hearts and minds before they know I’m coming – LOL! When I write fiction – I have a debut suspense-thriller coming out in early 2018 – there’s the joy and excitement of having the characters talk to you when the day is fresh and new. There’s the wonder of what’s going to happen next. And then, as I wrote You Can Change The World, there was the promise of doing just that, changing the world. Having other people’s lives uplifted by my first, unfettered thoughts of the day. The morning vibe is almost meditative. That’s when it’s most peaceful, when I have the feel of nature all around me, when I really can hear the whisper of the universe with all its quiet wisdom. Before anything stirs.

2.      Do you outline or are you a pantster?
 
Total pantster. It’s almost Shakespearean. To be or not to be. I think it’s kind of like the whole PC v. Mac standoff. Now, there’s a ridiculous battle for you. I’m a PC girl, but if a Mac does it for you, I think that’s super. Everyone’s different. It’s not better or worse, it’s what works for you. You definitely have your my-way-or-the-highway folks where outlining is concerned, but I’m not one of them. In fact, I conducted an interview once with a fairly well-known mystery author, and he got very offended when I asked him the same question you asked me. He told me he wrote 120-page outlines, and I guess something in my face (I’m a professional actress, after all) made him ask if I outlined. When I said no, he blew a gasket and launched a diatribe. Just when I was enjoying how differently his creative process came to him. As he ranted, though, all I could do was sit there and listen, thinking how he could’ve been halfway to a book by then. Or a third, at least. LOL! There’s joy in our differences if we let it be. Some people like everything blocked out, and that’s a good way for them to go because it can produce great art. But for me, by the time there’s a big outline, all the suspense drains out. It’s like a balloon deflating just when the party’s getting started. I want to be open to new thoughts and revelations as I go. I have a general idea of what I want to say, but I love the discovery. If you leave yourself open to the magic along the way, that’s the joy, at least for me. I like to read the story as I write it, the way the reader does, whether that’s a truth about life and how best to live it or if the heroine is going to survive. All of life is a story, and I love to see it unfold. I tried to write You Can Change The World based on a PowerPoint I had for speaking, but after it started off slowly a few chapters in, I had to go with instinct, the way I always do.

3.      Which comes first – plot or character?

For me, character. My stories can sometimes seem plot-driven, but the characters make choices, and that’s what drives the plot. Just like in real life. We have thoughts that give us feelings and beliefs, and we act on our beliefs. That’s what makes stuff happen. That’s what brings other people and events into our lives, what draws circumstances and situations to us. We see what we believe, not the other way around.

4.      Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript?

Quiet. Shutting down the chatter lets insight speak. Sometimes a little music might work, but silence is golden.
 
5.      Favorite TV show?
 
I love “Queen Sugar”, created by the fabulous Ava Duvernay. It’s on OWN, Oprah’s network. It’s based on author Natalie Bazile’s amazing novel of the same name. Outstanding performances, sumptuous cinematography, sensitive direction, insightful writing. And it will frequently have an all-woman crew, which is pretty much unheard of. It’s a family drama. Really groundbreaking.  

6.      Favorite type of music?

That’s a toughie. I LOOOVE music. I can tell you that the Sirius XM in my car is most frequently tuned to the Heart & Soul station that plays mostly R&B and pop love songs. At home, I’m more of a Zen meditative music person. Very chilled.
 
7.      Favorite craft besides writing?

How much time have you got? LOL! I paint, design jewelry, create accessory items like pillows and purses, dabble in graphic art. Creating something that was only in my head at one point into something people can enjoy is my PASSION!
 
8.      Do you play a musical instrument?

Yes. Flute. And a little guitar. I’m going to start taking piano lessons when I get two seconds to rub together.
 
9.      Single or married?
 
I was married for most of my life to my soulmate. He passed away in 2013.

10.  Children or no?

No kids, but I get tons of joy from my 9 nieces and nephews.
 
11.  Pets?
 
No pets.

12.  Favorite place to write?
 
My home office.

13.  Favorite restaurant?

No fave restaurant in particular, but my top restaurant foods are Chinese, Indian and Italian. I’m a veggie.
 
14.  Do you work outside the home?

I am a professional actress and voice over artist, so I work – and always have worked – outside the home, but never in a 9 to 5-type job. I also have a unique and interesting part-time gig as live narrator of planetarium space shows at Griffith Observatory in Hollywood.
  
15.  What was the name of the last movie you saw?

I just watched “London Has Fallen” a couple of nights ago on Netflix, with the jaw-dropping actor Morgan Freeman whom I respect and adore.
 
16.  Favorite outdoor activity?

Long, long walks at the beach or hiking in the hills. Sounds like an online dating profile, but that’s my sweet spot.
 
17.  Pet peeve?

I try not to have any, but I must say, the cruelty, callousness, combativeness and unchecked greed in our societal discourse and behavior these days is not an up.  

18.  Your goal in life?
 
To do God’s will and, you guessed it . . . to change the world for the better.

19.  Your most exciting moment?
 
Oh, I’ve had so many. Have so many. Countless. Every new moment. I live in the now. And I believe the most exciting moment is yet to come . . .

20.  The love of your life?

My deceased husband, and my Mom and Dad, whom I love with all my hearty
and cherish beyond measure.

About the Book:

Title: YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD: BE A CHANGE WIZARD AND GET IT LIKE YOU LIKE IT
Author: Bever-leigh Banfield
Publisher: Twinkle Entertainment
Pages: 366
Genre: Nonfiction

BOOK BLURB: 

You have an ultimate magic within you, capable of transforming yourself, your life and everything that exists. You needn’t fear change, leave it to others, or get stuck with whatever happens next. You can pull heaven right out of your hat with the alchemy of your heart and mind. You just have to know how to use your abracadabra presto change-o. You can make things disappear or pop up because you are the change you crave. Your dream is a reality somewhere, ready for you to experience it by making change your BFF. Tap into who you're meant to be, and the special thing you're meant to do – with this book about your mission in life, and how you can have it materialize to be happier, healthier, wealthier, wiser, and make the world a better place. 

Book Trailers:


ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon

No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates