Friday, January 27, 2023

# 20 Questions

20 Questions with Marie McGaha, Author of 'Shine His Light 3' #20Questions

 

Today's guest is Marie McGaha, author of the Christian devotional, SHINE HIS LIGHT 3. Marie is here today to answer 20 questions about her life, writing and goals.
 

1. Are you a morning writer or a night writer? More of an afternooner! But it’s also subject to the day, what else is going on, what mood I’m in, and what mood my dogs are in!

2. Do you outline or are you a pantster? A bit of both, I suppose. Sometimes, the voices in my head just tell me what to write and it’s immediate, but at other times, I not only write an outline, I do bubble thoughts, character outlines, or occasionally, I write letters to my characters to see what they have to say.

3. Which comes first – plot or character? That depends on the story of course, and whether I’m writing fiction or nonfiction. Nonfiction is easier for me to write because it’s either devotionals or self-help, and these are subjects I know very well. As an ordained minister and chaplain, I have a lot of Bible knowledge to draw on, and as a retired drug and alcohol counselor, I have a lot of education and experience to draw on. With fiction, there is a lot of research involved in making sure the timelines and facts all line up, and developing well-rounded, interesting characters takes time too.

4. Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript? I like to listen to music when I’m writing. Of course, with four dogs in the house, there’s always some noise!

5. Favorite TV show?  I only stream TV so I don’t really know what the current trends are, but I’ve never really cared for commercial TV. I prefer docuseries like Homicide Hunter, and other true crime shows. But I’m also a sucker for romantic comedies!

6. Favorite type of music? I mostly listen to contemporary Christian music like the David Crowder Band, Third Day, Needtobreathe, and Rich Mullins. But we never really outgrow the music we grow up with, so you might catch me listening to The Band, Chris Isaak, Fleetwood Mac, or The Traveling Wilbury’s!

7. Favorite craft besides writing? I love to bake! I make bread and pastries, but my favorite thing to bake is specialty cakes. For last Thanksgiving I made a vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting that looked like a turkey just out of the oven, stuffed with candy!

8. Do you play a musical instrument? Unfortunately, I don’t and I am so envious of those talented people who do! My father played guitar, and my grandfather could play anything with strings but the talent was not passed on!

9. Single or married? I am a widow, but I’ve recently fallen in love again!

10. Children or no? All my children are grown with families of their own. I have 33 grandchildren and my second great-grandchild is on the way!

11. Pets? I have four dogs Charlene Marie (Charlie) is a 6-year-old Fila Brasiliero Mastiff and weighs in at 180 pounds! Arturo Tiberius (Artie), age 7, is a Schnauweeniehuahua! His mother was a miniature schnauzer and his father, a ChiWeenie, so he’s a special boy! Lucy Lui is 11, and a double-dapple Dachshund. And my baby boy, BooBoo Baby, a tiny chihuahua, is 5. And I have a horse named Horse!

12. Favorite place to write? I like to write in my office and listen to music, but every now and then, I’ll take my laptop to the bedroom and write while watching crime shows.

13. Favorite restaurant? I don’t really eat out much, so I don’t have a favorite restaurant. Sometimes, I like to go to the Chinese Buffet in town, but I usually eat at home. I’m an amateur chef and prefer my own cooking!

14. Do you work outside the home? No. I live on a farm, so my work is right here. I have chickens, pigs, the dogs, and Horse. I grow a garden and cook from scratch and try to be as self-sufficient as possible.

15. What was the name of the last movie you saw? I think is was one of the Star Trek films. I don’t go to theaters, so I usually watch something that’s streaming or rent a movie.

16. Favorite outdoor activity? Riding Horse and going fishing.

17. Pet peeve? Wow, a lot of them! HAHA! My biggest one would have to be spelling and grammar. People who don’t use there, their, they’re, to, too, two, etc. correctly really aggravates me!

18. Your goal in life? To continue to live happily, serve God, and be a better person tomorrow than I was today.

19. Your most exciting moment? Watching my grandchildren come into the world. I’ve attended 9 of my grandchildren’s births and they were just the most incredible, overwhelming moments of my life.

20. The love of your life?  I have many loves of my life. My kids and grandkids. My friendships with women I’ve known for many years who I’ve always been able to count on. My late husband, Nathan was very special, and I’ll always love him.

 

 


Chaplain, author, editor and inspirational speaker, Marie McGaha lives in the beautiful Ozarks of southeast Oklahoma. After losing the love of her life, Nathan, Marie returned from the mountains of Idaho to their native home where she lives with a houseful of yapping furbies, pigs, chickens, and a horse named Horse! Shine His Light 4, the final book of the series, is due out spring 2023.

Website: www.mariemcgaha.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Marie_McGaha

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMarieMcGaha/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariemcgaha/

 




Title: Shine His Light 3: Instructions in Life
Author: Marie McGaha
Publisher: DWB Publishing
Pages: 137
Genre: Christian Devotional/Nonfiction

Life is the journey we take on our way to Heaven. It’s not easy, it’s not pretty, and sometimes, it’s downright difficult. However, we have an Advocate unlike any other, Jesus Christ. In Shine His Light, the author uses scriptures and her own life lessons to help others get through the bumpy spots.

Release Date: September 2, 2022

Publisher:  DWB Publishing

Soft Cover:979-8887963426; 137 pages; $6.99

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCS7K29V

 


No comments:

Follow Us @soratemplates